The blockchain is affecting every area of our lives with different amazing innovations. Stepn is another of those innovative tools that have been built on the blockchain to give humans healthy living by encouraging fitness exercise and rewarding us with the $GMT Token.
The Idea of Rewarding users for activities started with the Axie Infinity game where they pay users to play the game and since then play to earn became a household name in different gaming companies, with this idea it’s now easy to increase users and in-game activities which has being a huge success.
In the last Quarters of 2021, a new trend started but didn’t gain the attention of the public till the month of March when it became very popular after its in-game cryptocurrency did over 3000% in one month and that Trend is STEPN Move to Earn App
What is STEPN Move to Earn App
STEPN is a Solana-based ‘Move-To-Earn’ web3 lifestyle game that encourages users to walk, jog and run by using NFT Sneakers that will enable them to earn crypto.
This article is being written while the fitness-based game is presently in its Public Beta Phase. In other words, depending on the outcomes of the beta test, some of the information included on this page may be outdated in the near future.
FindSatoshi Lab, a finance business located in Australia, launched STEPN. The startup rose to prominence in the blockchain community after placing fourth in the 2021 Solana Ignition Hackathon Gaming Track.
What is Move to Earn Apps
There is no question that we are set to see another cycle of new inventions, as we have just witnessed a completely new trend of Move to Earn, in which individuals earn money by moving, swimming, and jogging.
Move to Earn (M2E) apps are applications that enable users to earn passive income while doing everyday physical activities. The Move to Earn gamification works similarly to the play-to-earn gamification in that players totally control their in-game assets, which can be swapped for crypto or fiat money according to its rules.
More About STEPN Team
STEPN is a move-to-earn blockchain game headed by Jerry Huang (co-founder), Yawn Rong (co-founder), Jessica Duan (CSO), and Ryan Turner (Lead Designer)
The team created this game to encourage the fast-growing P2E gamers to engage in physical activities by rewarding them with NFT assets, tokens, and governance opportunities on the platform.
How Does STEPN App Works
The STEPN App was designed around moving. Whether running or walking, as long as you move, you earn. In order to start using it, users need to purchase a pair of sneakers, which is an NFT. Users can then start earning the game’s currency by running, walking, and jogging outdoors. These currencies can be used in-game or cashed out to make a profit.
The two components that STEPN brings together are GameFi and SocialFi. With GameFi, STEPN aims at influencing millions toward a healthier lifestyle, while also discouraging high carbon emission vehicles and thus combating climate change. The SocialFi component aims to create a platform that fosters user-generated web3 content.
STEPN web3 app with many GameFi aspects that attempt to set it apart from other fitness applications on the market today. The following are the primary GameFi aspects, according to the STEPN whitepaper:
- Sneakers NFTs
- Gems to upgrade sneakers
- Different game modes
STEPN Sneakers NFTs
The Sneakers NFTs on STEPN are unique and classified into different categories which give them different Rarity. They’re five ways to identify them which are:
I. Sneaker Attributes
Sneakers are NFTs that users must acquire before they can begin earning GST tokens. These NFT Sneakers might have various qualities that speed up the rate at which a user earns tokens or provide other benefits. Sneaker’s characteristics are classified into four types:
- Comfort: It has an impact on the rate at which users gain GMT tokens. Still in construction.
- Resilience: It relates to the Sneaker NFT’s durability. A Sneaker NFT with better resistance, for example, will degrade Durability more slowly. Durability functions like a stamina meter, decreasing as the user advances until it is exhausted. Durability is vital since the efficiency lowers along with it.
- Efficiency: It influences the pace at which players acquire GST tokens for every Energy used in Solo game mode, allowing them to accrue points more quickly (Marathon mode).
- Luck: It determines the quality and frequency of a Mystery box drop.
These attribute points can be reset by burning GST/GMT tokens. These resets get more expensive over time.
II. Sneaker types
There are also different types of NFT Sneakers, which are designed for different fitness levels:
- Walker (1–6 km/h, 4 GST / 1 Energy spent)
- Jogger (4–10 km/h, 5 GST / 1 Energy spent)
- Runner (8–20 km/h, 6 GST / 1 Energy spent)
- Trainer (1–20 km/h, 4–6.25 GST / 1 Energy spent)
Other parameters that determine how quickly users acquire GST tokens are sneaker efficiency, GPS signal, mobile data, and randomness. Earnings are lowered when the GPS or data signal is poor. More information on the GMT return rates will be released in the future.
III. Sneaker Qualities
The NFT Sneakers can have five different qualities that can influence the Rarity of each Sneaker, as follows:
- Common (1–10 attribute)
- Uncommon (8–10 attributes)
- Rare (15–35 attribute)
- Epic (28–63 attribute)
- Legendary (50–112 attribute)
The attributes for each Sneaker are chosen at random between the minimum and maximum quality values.
IV. Sneaker level
There are many tiers of NFT Sneakers. Users must spend GST tokens to increase the level of the Sneaker. Furthermore, each level has a set time limit. As the Sneaker’s level rises, so is the amount of GST and time required. GMT tokens will also be required to level a Sneaker to levels 29 and 30.
Users will gain between 4 and 12 attribute points at each level up, depending on the quality of the Sneaker.
At the same time, when players level up their Sneakers, they will have access to new functions. They must achieve level 30 to begin earning GMT tokens. When a user reaches the maximum level, he or she must choose between earning GST or GMT tokens. They may switch between them whenever they choose, although there is a cooldown period.
V. Sneaker Customization
When a Sneaker achieves level 30, users may personalize it by burning GST or GMT tokens. Users may edit the name of the NFT and add attribute points.
STEPN is also interested in collaborating with top Sneaker companies to develop branded Sneakers. They held a special event with ASICS in which GMT vouchers were given on the Binance NFT marketplace.
Gems to Upgrade Sneaker
There are four distinct types of Gems, one for each shoe characteristic (efficiency, luck, comfort, and resilience). These Gem Sockets are unlocked once the Sneakers reach a particular level and may be used to deposit the relevant Gems to increase the Sneakers’ qualities.
Gems may be improved by merging three gems of the same kind and burning GST tokens. After Gems reach level 4, GMT tokens are required to improve them.
Users can mint a Shoebox when they have two NFT Sneakers. The cost of the minting and type of received sneakers depend on the type of the initial Sneakers (common, uncommon, rare, epic, or legendary).
STEPN Different Game Modes
Currently, only the Solo Mode is available for users, and Marathon and Background modes are under development.
Players are given NFT Sneakers in Solo Mode so they may begin earning GST tokens via physical activities. They also need to earn “Energy,” and 1 Energy is equal to 5 minutes of move-to-earn motions.
Marathon Mode (Under Development)
Marathon Mode holds ‘Weekly Marathons’ and ‘Monthly Marathons,’ but before players can participate in these events, they must first be registered on the ‘Marathon Tab’ for at least 24 hours.
Marathon Every Week: Players may engage in the 2.5km, 5km, or 7.5km tasks in this Marathon, and they are reminded that they can only participate in one Marathon at a time.
Marathon Every Month: The obstacles are more extreme in this Marathon, where players may pick between 5km, 10km, or 15km marathons, and they cannot engage in two marathons at the same time.
Background Mode (Under Development)
Background Mode was designed to track and tally users’ steps even when they are not actively using the STEPN app. This mode counts users’ steps using their devices’ Health Data app and has a daily limit of 3,000 steps; any steps in excess of this limit are not tallied by the system.
Users will require an NFT sneaker to begin earning GST. They may begin by picking the Sneaker of their choice and clicking start. Energy is required for users to earn GST. Users gain one Energy for every five minutes of action. The software utilizes GPS to detect whether users are moving naturally. It can tell whether the user is riding an electric scooter or has his phone tied to his dog. These are known as Moonwalking instances, and they are not rewarded.
Before beginning to move, users need to ensure that they have enough Energy. They cannot earn GST tokens unless they have Energy. Only once the player has obtained an NFT Sneaker will the Energy meter begin to recharge.
Every minute the user moves, the GST/GMT benefits are paid. The pace at which the user may earn tokens is determined by the sort of NFT Sneaker he wears, as well as the Sneaker’s efficiency, comfort, and speed of movement.
While traveling, each user may drop a mystery box containing Gems at random. These aid in the development of Sneakers. Each user has four Mystery Box slots available to them.
Users may access Marathon events that need registration at least 24 hours in advance. You may only participate in one event at a time. Users are rated according to their points, and a fraction of the top users obtain Gold, Silver, and Bronze NFT Badges.
Users may earn GST tokens in the background gaming mode as long as they have a Sneaker NFT. The steps are calculated using the device’s native health data, with a daily limit of 3,000 steps. The marathon and background game modes are still in the works.
The Badges feature is in the works. By performing in-game objectives, players will be able to earn badges that provide various benefits. Better Badges are given after completing more difficult activities. Extra leaderboard points and Energy, decreased minting costs, or some additional advantage for governance are some of the benefits that might come with one Badge (more details are expected).
STEPN App Token Economy
An economy based on a dual-token architecture underpins the STEPN app’s ecosystem. There are two types of tokens that may be earned via various means. GMT and GST are the two tokens used by the STEPN app.
You may buy items in-app using the GST token, which is also known as Green Satoshi Token (GST). To produce GST, just use the STEPN app to record your physical activity. The overall supply of GST is limitless.
The STEPN project’s native token is the GMT, which stands for Green Metaverse Token. There are only six billion tokens in circulation. After a certain point in the game, you’ll need to utilize this to enhance your character. Once you’ve reached level 30, you’ll be able to sell your GST and GMT tokens on cryptocurrency exchanges for other currencies.
For governance engagement, 30 percent of GMT tokens will be distributed to users. The GMT release is reduced every three years. Users must be level 30 and have at least 3 Energy before they may begin earning GMT using the STEPN app.
STEPN Marketplace System
The Marketplace is a virtual location where individuals may sell/buy or rent/lease their Sneakers and other stuff in order to get more tokens and advance in the game. The STEPN NFT Marketplace system have two major features.
1. Trade System
Trade System is the most basic system of the ecosystem, as it allows users to buy and sell NFT items such as Sneakers, Gems, and Shoebox inside the marketplace.
2. Rental System (Coming Soon)
The Rental System was developed to minimize the complicated onboarding process prevalent in the majority of blockchain games.
It enables users to explore the STEPN game without having to create an Exchange Account, convert fiat currency to cryptocurrency, or create a decentralized wallet, which might be scary for some players. In this method, anybody may instantly test STEPN by downloading the app and renting a Sneaker from any willing participant.
Depending on the renter’s credit rating, a 24-hour rental agreement may be extended to a full week. Renters should exercise caution while renting their Sneakers, since failing to comply with the rental agreement will result in a one-star deduction from their ratings.
How to Play STEPN
Follow the Below Instructions to play the STEPN Game:
- Install STEPN App on your Phone: First, you have to Install the STEPN app on your phone from the official Website. STEPN provides apps for both Android and iPhone.
- Create Account on STEPN App: Now, Create your account on STEPN and sign up for the STEPN app using your email address. Enter your email address and you will get a verification code, enter this verification code into the STEPN app to proceed.
- Enter Activation Code: Enter the activation code to enter into the STEPN game. After entering the activation code, click on the start button. You will be entered into the STEPN app.
- Choose Sneaker According to Your Fitness Level: First set your goal. After entering into the STEPN app, You will only earn money when you have NFT Sneaker and move outward with GPS.
- Find a Sneaker From the in-app Marketplace: Now, find the Sneaker from the In-app marketplace. You have a filter Inside the STEPN app where you can filter specific Sneaker. If you want to gain a higher energy level you need to have more Sneakers. Also, SHOEBOX contains one Sneaker of random type and quality.
- Sneaker Detail Page: You can find full detail regarding every Sneaker. In the left top corner, there is a ‘+’ sign which is the high-quality socket that boosts the GEM’s attribute. In the top right corner, there is a diamond that increases Sneaker attribute with gems. Also Show the quality of the Sneaker (like Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary).
- Move and Earn Money: Equip your Sneaker, Move or walk outdoor, Burn energy and Earn Your rewards. You will earn mystery boxes according to Sneaker type. You can see in the app what is earning cap and energy cap which will increase according to level. This means when your level is up then your earning cap and energy cap will also increase.
- Measure Outdoor with GPS: When you walk or move outside, GPS will monitor your movements to verify you are sprinting or moonwalking. The software also has anti-cheating features that prevent you from earning if you are moonwalking. You may alter the Sneaker outdoor ion. The app shows GPS signal strength in the upper right corner. You may also monitor your earnings and post them on social media.
The STEPN Game is a fantastic game with many features that will easily increase NFT gaming popularity. We like STEPN’s “Sneakers” premise, Weekly and Monthly Marathons, Background Mode, and renting mechanism, which puts it on par with other move-to-earn blockchain games.