Splinterlands – The rise of blockchain-based games in recent years has been unexpected. They have enabled users to earn rewards simply by playing on the platform, while also learning about cryptocurrencies. Splinterlands is one of the market’s fastest-growing blockchain games.
Splinterlands is a Blockchain Game that makes use of various crypto mechanics such as staking, governance, and so on. Unlike other gaming platforms, it also provides multiple ways for users to profit from the platform other than simply playing. But how exactly does it work? slide down to get the full info on how to play and how to earn on Splinterlands.
What Is Splinterlands?
Splinterlands is a play-to-earn, blockchain-based, collectible card game that allows users to play and earn rewards based on certain in-game achievements, such as winning skill-based matches and player-versus-player game modes. The game is completely free to try. To unlock the play-to-earn features, players purchase a $10 Summoner’s Book. This Book unlocks their ability to complete daily quests, participate in season rewards and earn Dark Energy Crystals (DEC), the game’s token.
There are 3 tokens in the splinterlands ecosystem and these are DEC, SPT, and SPS. Shortly, I will be explaining them, how to get them, and their uses;
DEC – Dark Energy Crystals (DEC) is the main currency used in Splinterlands to pay rewards. Players can only win DEC if they have access to the Spellbook and they paid the $10 registration fee. If a player wins against another player, they are rewarded in DEC.
DEC can be purchased off the game on decentralized exchanges such as Uniswap and Pancakeswap. They can use native currencies such as Ethereum and Tron to swap their balance for DEC and deposit it as a balance in the game.
To win DEC inside the game, players can do the following:
- Battle other players: If a player enters a battle, they can win DEC. This is determined based on the power of their cards. Players who win two battles in a row receive bonuses in DEC from the game. Tournaments are also held regularly.
- Receiving gifts: A player can gift another player DEC. If a user wants to send another user DEC, they only need their wallet address or username.
- Trading cards (NFTs): Users are free to trade and re-sell cards on the open market. There are trading platforms where users can purchase these cards and later re-sell them for a profit. They can also use them inside the game and rent them out to other players for interest.
- Burning cards (NFTs): If a user burns a card, it will automatically be removed from the blockchain. The NFT is sent to the genesis burn wallet where it can’t be accessed. This increases the value of other NFTs on the game and the player is rewarded with a bonus DEC.
Note: All of these for-profit features are only available to users after they purchase the $10 Spellbook.
SPT – SPT is a splintertalk token that we can not earn through the game. When we create splinterland content using tribe front end Splintertalk.io then your post is eligible to earn SPT tokens. If anyone who has staked SPT will upvote then you will earn SPT on the basic power of the holder.
As of now, monster-curator is the biggest SPT curator and they are holding huge SPT power. I have delegated all my SPT power to them and in return, I am getting liquid SPT tokens payout every day. I have been creating splinterlands content for almost one and a half years and now through content creation and delegation, I have earned 111k SPT tokens in total.
I keep on updating my delegation from time to time as I don’t do curation and the team behind monster curator is doing a great job. If you are an SPT holder then you can give it a try and it can help you earn a decent earning.
My current SPT holding is 111kwhich is all staked and my current value is USD 784. This is not a small amount and I keep on increasing this number because I have a goal to hold 200k SPT tokens by 2022.
SPS – The Splintershards (SPS) token is the main governance token of the Splinterlands ecosystem. Its only use is for on-chain governance and it cannot be used within the game.
The token is used for purposes such as voting on changes in the game, changing card balances, inflation pools, DEC updates, tournaments, and other technical upgrades. The more SPS a user holds, the higher the power they wield over these decisions.
How To Play Splinterlands
To play the Splinterlands game, you will be needing a computer and access to the internet, and
a Hive account and Hive KeyChain. After that, you can follow these steps:
- Make a profile or use a web browser extension wallet like MetaMask to log in.
- You can click the “Play Now” option once you’ve registered an account and logged in. Then, on the next page, click the “Battle” option.
- The Splinterlands battle system will then match you up with an opponent that has comparable skill or experience to you.
- A pop-up will inform you of the battle’s constraints when a rival is located. For example, if you’ll be capable of playing with only particular sorts of cards, as well as the number of Mana points available for this combat.
- Click the “Create Team” button.
- You must now form a squad within the time restriction and with the largest amount of Mana points specified at the top left. Combining cards tactically improves the performance of your decks.
How To Earn On Splinterlands
There are four different ways you can earn while playing the Splinterlands NFT game;
- Tournaments: Earn DEC rewards each time you win a battle if you’re playing in ranked mode. If you win two games in a row, you get bonus DECs.
- Receiving gifts: Earn gifts by finishing your daily quest. Additionally, you get season rewards every 15 days when a season comes to an end. Other players can also send you gifts directly.
- Card flipping: Buying, selling, and then renting packs and cards can give you an income.
- Burning cards: Burn cards for DEC rewards. Burning a card removes it from existence.
Note: to unlock these play-to-earn features, you’ll need to purchase the $10 Summoner’s Spellbook.
How to earn in Splinterlands
You can earn money in Splinterlands by winning rank battles or selling cards etc you can read all the information on how to earn in Splinterlands in the article at the top of this FAQ.
Is Splinterlands Legit?
If you have time to spend in this game you can earn money, and in fact, there are a lot of Splinterlands Players that earn a huge amount of money right now. So yes! it is totally legit
What is SPS?
SPS is the newest and primary token on Splinterlands it is also called Splintershards.
What is DEC?
DEC stands for Dark Energy Crystal, the secondary tokens in the game Splinterlands that have been awarded to every player from bronze two and above from winning every rank battle.
Where can I play Splinterlands?
You can play Splinterland by entering their official Website at Splinterlands.com or you can download their apps on Google Play.
How Does it cost to play Splinterlands?
Splinterlands is free to play but if you want to earn while you should need to purchase their Summoners spellbook which cost about $10 to unlock all earning features in Splinterlands.
Is Splinterlands free to play?
Yes, it is initially free to play. This is important for novice players who wish to get a feel for the game and participate in a few fights.
However, if you want to open the daily quests, seasonal prizes, unlock cards, buy/sell on the market, and earn DEC currency, first spend $10 to acquire the summoners guide.
Conclusion On Splinterlands
Splinterlands is one of the most promising blockchain-based games with enormous upside potential, owing to its rising popularity and growing user base. In addition to play-to-earn features, it includes sought-after DeFi technologies such as staking and governance. This makes it a potentially profitable platform even for those who don’t have the time to focus and play the game.