Bothered about how to add avalanche to metamask? Then look no further as this article will be giving you the fastest steps to help you solve that issue in seconds but first, what is Metamask?
MetaMask is a popular cryptocurrency wallet that can connect you to various blockchains and decentralized platforms such as Avalanche. Using MetaMask to gain access to Avalanche’s ecosystem allows you to conduct faster transactions and pay lower fees via its decentralized applications (dApps) and decentralized finance (DeFi) platform.
How To Add Avalanche To Metamask
To interact with the Avalanche blockchain and DApps, you’ll need a compatible cryptocurrency wallet, such as MetaMask. However, before you can use Avalanche tokens on MetaMask, you must first add the Avalanche network to your wallet. This guide will show you how.
MetaMask is available as a Chrome extension and a mobile application; regardless of which you choose, the steps are essentially the same. I’ll assume you already have the Metamask Extension or wallet installed and your Ethereum account properly set up; if not, simply download the wallet and set up your wallet properly, and remember to save your seed phrase…very important!
Log into your MetaMask, click on the network bar in the top right corner
Select Add Network from the drop-down.
In the form that pops up, fill in the following accordingly;
Network Name: Avalanche Network
New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
Click Save. Avalanche Network can now be accessed via your MetaMask wallet. Simply click the drop-down menu beside the circle Icon at the top right corner of your wallet and select Avalanche network from the Menu.
You can now connect to Avalanche Network dApps from the MetaMask extension. Visit the DApp’s website from your Chrome browser to connect to the Avalanche Network. Mobile Application Users can use Avalanche Network Via the DApp browser. Click the Menu at the top left corner and select ‘Browser’ from the drop-down.
How To Send AVAX Tokens To MetaMask
After connecting to the Avalanche network, you can now send Avalanche tokens (AVAX) from another Avalanche wallet to MetaMask.
The Avalanche network includes three blockchains: the Exchange Chain (X-Chain), the Contract Chain (C-Chain), and the Platform Chain (P-Chain).
Note: Only the C-Chain is compatible with MetaMask, which means that you can only use the C-Chain to transfer AVAX to your MetaMask wallet. Take precautions! You may lose your tokens if you choose the incorrect chain.
1. Log in to your Avalanche wallet and check where your AVAX tokens are from the [Balance] box on the top.
If your AVAX tokens are in your X-Chain wallet, you need to transfer them to your C-Chain wallet before you can send them to MetaMask.
2. Click [Cross Chain] on the left menu bar.
3. Select [C Chain] as the destination chain. Then, enter the amount you wish to transfer from your X-Chain wallet and click [Confirm]. Note that you’ll need to pay a small transaction fee.
4. Now go to [Send] from the left menu bar.
5. Select [C] as the source chain. Enter the amount you want to send to MetaMask.
6. Now go to your MetaMask wallet and copy the address.
7. Go back to your Avalanche wallet, find the [To Address] field, and paste the MetaMask wallet address. Check the gas fee and click [Confirm] to transfer. As soon as the transaction is confirmed, you will see the AVAX in your MetaMask wallet.
How To Send AVAX Tokens To MetaMask From Binance
You can also send AVAX from the Binance exchange to MetaMask.
1. Log in to your Binance account and go to [Wallet Overview]. Click [Withdraw].
2. Select [AVAX].
3. Go to your MetaMask wallet and copy the address.
4. Now go back to Binance and paste the MetaMask address in the [Address] field. Then, select the network and enter the transfer amount. Make sure you select a compatible network or your assets might be lost. Click [Withdraw] to proceed.
5. You need to confirm that you understand the potential risks associated with asset withdrawals before proceeding. Read and check the box before you click [Confirm].
6. You’ll see a pop-up window with your withdrawal details. You should check the details carefully before continuing.
7. Next, you’ll be asked to verify your transfer with 2FA devices. Click [Submit] and your AVAX will be sent to your MetaMask wallet.
While MetaMask was originally designed for Ethereum, it is now compatible with a variety of blockchain networks, including Avalanche, Trust wallet, Polygon, and others. Learning how to manually add each network will allow you to explore each blockchain ecosystem’s various DeFi platforms and DApps, such as PancakeSwap, Uniswap, Coinbase, and OpenSea. Kindly leave a comment if this article was helpful.