Before, games were played for entertainment purposes. Not so long, it evolved into a play-to-earn model that pays players NFTs or Cryptocurrencies for playing the game they fancy. These games are generally called NFT(Non-Fungible Token) games. To clear your doubt about how you could make a living by playing these games. We would be exploring The Sandbox game.
What is The Sandbox?
The Sandbox is an Ethereum-blockchain-based NFT game that allows players to own, build lands, and profit from several virtual experiences using NFTs. The Sandbox provides all tools and services that enable players to create a digital asset. The Sandbox game is built on the Ethereum blockchain due to the following advantages:
- It is widely adopted by many crypto enthusiasts and game freaks.
- It is a base layer on top of which all applications can build and interact with each other.
Their goal is to provide players ownership of their digital assets in NFT and reward them with the platform’s token – SAND. The Sandbox platforms comprise vox edit, marketplace, and game maker. You can create an asset on The Sandbox and make it become a non-fungible token(NFT) that can be traded for Cryptocurrencies on the marketplace. Digital assets are made intuitively using voxels the equivalent of 3d pixels to build all sorts of assets that can also be animated with templates. The game is one of the long-lasting games that has successfully integrated the play-to-earn model way from 2011. Players can buy a total of 166,464 pieces of land in the game. The Sandbox has come a long way, It was made into a phone game by Pixowl Inc. in 2011. Soon after that, in 2013, they made a few technical changes to The Sandbox.
How does The Sandbox work?
It is similar to Minecraft and has the same feel as Minecraft. One can build digital assets on the metaverse game that are unique. Its ecosystem comprises voxels: Pixels with three-dimensional volume. The Sandbox NFT game is available on the Google play store and App store. It also has a desktop version that is compatible with computers that supports OS and Mac.
What is LAND?
The land is a part of The Sandbox metaverse that is owned by players that allow them to create digital assets and monetize virtual experiences. Aside from monetizing virtual experiences, Most players rent out their extra land to other players for things like parties, businesses, etc. 12,000 parcels of land have been sold, and buying lands within The Sandbox is not as difficult as you thought. See below a few factors that contribute to land value in The Sandbox:
- The location of the land: The location of the land will play a crucial role in determining the value of the piece of land. Particularly if the land is located within a densely populated area with lots of people entering this location or anywhere around it. For instance lands around Snopp Dogg parcels of land or Binnace parcels of land will be placed at a high value. Because lots of people will love to build their virtual experiences around that area.
- Size of the land: The larger the piece of land, the more the land appreciates.
- Scarcity of the land: As the hype around The Sandbox metaverse game increases the more scarce each of these remaining parcels of land becomes. Since there are only around 16,000 parcels of land within The Sandbox. These plots of land will be higher in demand compelling the digital assets to rise in value.
Use cases of land within The Sandbox
With a plot of land on The Sandbox, you could;
- Build a business
- Host a party/event
- Create virtual experiences
- Build homes
Where to buy land for The Sandbox
There are two verified places to buy land:
- The marketplace found on The Sandbox website
- Tap on the market option.
- Select the lands available on the website for sale or bid for the lowest price on the newest or oldest listing.
- You can also buy lands on the opensea marketplace.
- Go to The Sandbox’s official page.
- You will be shown where each plot of land is located.
- Survey the coordinate of the land.
- Purchase land
How to play The Sandbox
- Move over to The Sandbox’s website
- Signup and create an account.
- Connect your metamask account by entering your username and password.
- Download the game maker for windows and install it on your device.
- After the game maker has been installed. Login with your existing details.
- Open the game board and move over to templates where you can create digital assets.
How to earn in The Sandbox
- As a player, you can earn SAND by completing quests and missions inside one or many of the experiences inside The Sandbox.
- You can also complete objectives and receive rewards which can be SAND or other NFTSs.
- Creators can make assets and virtual experiences that can be sold to other players in the NFT marketplace by using either vox edit or game maker. For every NFT sold the creator receives 95% of the selling price. For those who are not into games, play-to-earn features are in development that will grant the possibility to rent out your land and hold events.
The team behind The Sandbox
The Sandbox game was founded by Arthur Madrid, the founder, and co-founder of Pixowl. Who is currently focused on Blockchain gaming. Other profound members of The Sandbox game are:
- Sebastien Barget (COO and Directo of The Sandbox)
- Marcelo Santurio(CFO of The Sandbox)
- Pablo Iglesias(Inventor of The Sandbox Game)
- Lucas Sherewsbus(CTO of The Sandbox)
The organization also has 3 established offices in countries like Argentina, France, Korea, and Japan.
What is The SAND token responsible for?
The SAND token which is the platform’s primary utility token is responsible for transfers, ownership, and keeping track of the creator.
The Sandbox is a significantly more incredible project than Axie Infinity, the biggest game in the NFT realm. The Sandbox is more focused on games than its closest competitor, NFT metaverse Decentraland. Will The Sandbox game evolve into something else? Let us know in the comments section