For quite a while, games, as we knew them, were perceived merely as a way of having fun. But right now, with the implementation of the Blockchain, gaming has become a means of living as players now get rewarded for their time and intellect.
If you have been in the crypto gaming industry for a while, there’s no way you have not heard of Blast Royale.
Blast Royal is a play-to-earn crypto game and also the first blockchain-based battle royale game built on the Polygon L2 chain.
This article will go over all the basic information you need to know about the Blast Royale game including how the play-to-earn concept works. Without further ado, let’s dive in.
What is Blast Royale?
The game’s goal is to offer high-quality, enjoyable experiences to the blockchain and to aid in mainstream crypto acceptance. Players have complete ownership of their assets and can actively participate in the game environment.
The project is part of a new wave of video games in which players can earn bitcoin in exchange for their contributions to the ecosystem.
How Blast Royale Works
Blast Royale is a fast-paced, play-to-earn battle-royale game being developed by First Light Games. In the gameplay, 30 players are thrown into a map where “The Last Man Standing” wins the game. Players must pre-select three distinct NFT equipment pieces in order to qualify for a match. (A Free-to-Play layer will be added later).
- Playing Matches against real players
- Progressing on multiple paths such as Battle Pass
- Completing Events by participating in the metaverse’s activities
- Selling equipment that you have upgraded and proved worthy
- Creating new equipment and then selling it to other players
- Selling resources that you are earning by playing the game
- Being a creator that actively contributes to the ecosystem
- Taking part in community activities
and helping the metaverse to evolve.
Blast Royale was created with the community in mind. The Blast Royale team will be in charge of generating and distributing assets, but the community will also be in charge of creating new assets that users will utilize to engage in the ecosystem.
The team will also be in charge of creating the functionalities that allow the metaverse in which the game operates to function properly and engage its users. Many assets in the metaverse are NFTs that can be used to create new game experiences.
The project has been envisioned with an initial plan that will be built over the next few months, with the full breadth of the project expected to take many years to complete.
In a ‘last one standing’ survival contest, players are pitted against each other. Players can choose where they want to deploy on the map.
To be able to play a match, a player must have at least three separate items equipped. Those items can be NFTs or non-NFT equipment pieces with the inclusion of the Free-to-Play layer.
During a match, players assemble their equipment loadout, which they have chosen ahead of time.
They also gather ammunition, health packs, armor, and other items hidden on a map. Players can also gather items dropped by other players, such as their NFT guns. However, players do not bring things earned during a match back to the metagame.
Players can earn rewards based on their placement in a match. The higher the place – the bigger the reward. Players also earn and lose trophies based on their performance and the trophies of other players in a match. Currently, Blast Royale uses a modified version of the ELO rating system.
Blast Royale is built on Polygon.
Polygon is a protocol and a framework for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks. It allows for aggregation scalable solutions on Ethereum supporting a multi-chain Ethereum ecosystem.
We were also impressed with Ethereum interoperability and security with native support for arbitrary message passing (tokens, contract calls etc), bridges to external systems.
An additional layer of validators regularly checks the validity of any Polygon chain to ensure the security of the whole network. Modular ”security as a service”, provided either by Ethereum or by a pool of professional validators.
Polygon, which allows 7.2k transactions per second, provides rapid and low-cost transaction speed for Blast Royale gamers.
The Matic Network enables low-cost transactions by achieving economies of scale by performing a large number of transactions on the Block Producer layer, ensuring low cost, and then batching the proofs of the Matic blocks to a highly decentralized mainchain (for example, Ethereum) using a decentralized layer of PoS Stakers.
Minimum Supported Specifications
- OS: iOS 12
- CPU: A10+
- GPU: Vulkan
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Disk: 500MB
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- CPU: ARMv7 with Neon Support (32-bit), ARM64
- GPU: OpenGL ES 3.0+, Vulkan
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Disk: 500MB
- OS: Windows 7 (SP1+), Windows 10 and Windows 11
- CPU: x86, x64 architecture with SSE2 instruction set support.
- GPU: DX10, DX11, DX12 capable.
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: High Sierra 10.13+
- CPU: Apple Silicon, x64 architecture with SSE2.
- GPU: Metal capable Intel and AMD GPUs
- RAM: 1GB
How To Earn In Blast Royale
There are many ways a Blast Royale player can earn revenue, so get ready:
- Participation in matches against NPCs or online players.
- Sell resources you earn throughout the gameplay.
- Participation in Mini Games.
- Completing and Progressing in trophy achievements or paths.
- Participation in metaverse event activities.
- Create/Sell equipment.
- Contribution to the ecosystem as a creator.
Blast Royale Tokenomics
Blast Royale has a dual-token economy, Blast Token ($BLST) and Craft Spice ($CS)
Blast Token ($BLST)
Blast token ($BLST) is an ERC-20 token that can be used to execute a variety of tasks in the Blast Royale metaverse, including equipment purchases/sales, replication, crafting, upgrading, and repairing
Furthermore, $BLST holders will soon be able to stake it in the Treasury in exchange for specific benefits.
The makers of this game carefully selected their partners and developed their tokenomics to be aligned around the long-term goals in order to create a sustainable metaverse that supports long-term user adoption. They will also work with market participants to reduce risks even further.
The 512M $BLST will be produced to fund the game’s early development and expansion, as well as to reward the first batch of users and the staff. The game makers have announced that they will conduct a series of sales in order to raise funds for the purpose of listing $BLST on exchanges.
Craft Spice ($CS)
Craft Spice ($CS) is an ERC-20 token. It is the secondary token of the Blast Royale metaverse. Because it will not be coined in advance, the only method to obtain $CS is to play the game and interact with in-game mechanisms. This token can be used to execute a variety of operations, including equipment repair, replication, crafting, and upgrading.
The number of NFTs owned: The more, the bigger the pool
Rarities and Adjectives of NFTs owned: The higher the rarity and the adjective, the bigger the pool
Trophies: The more, the bigger the pool
The durability of NFTs owned: The lower the durability, the smaller the pool
Total Supply: 512,000,000 $BLST
Private Sale Price: $0.065 (DAI)
Strategic Round Price: $0.1367 (DAI)
Public Sale Price: $0.1953 (DAI)
Listing Price: $0.234 (DAI)
- Launch Whitepaper.
- Launch Website.
- Launch Telegram, Discord, Twitter, and Medium.
- Launch Tokenomics.
- Start marketing and building social media presence.
- Major team expansion.
- Implement a go-to-market strategy.
- $BLST Token Private Sale.
- $BLST Token Public Sales.
- Launch growth campaigns.
- Deathmatch Locked Beta testing – exclusive early access.
- Strategic partners announcements.
- NFT Whitelisting & Sales.
- Blast Royale Marketplace.
- NFT equipment trading.
- Replication system.
- Scholarship suite.
- IDO: $BLST listing on exchanges.
- Beta Game Launch, enhanced gameplay.
- Staking for $BLST token.
- Repair and Rusting systems for equipment.
- Equipment Scraping system.
- Systems of leagues and leaderboards.
- Add Equipment Perks.
- Free-to-Play layer.
- Cooperative play.
- Invites system to bring friends.
- Equipment Crafting system.
- Regular tournaments.
- Spectating and utilizing replays and best moments.
- Venture into e-sport.
- Companions and a special companions gameplay.
- Advanced Equipment Crafting system.
- In-game Guilds.
- Guilds gameplay & competitions.
- Launch special game mode.
- More (TBD).
2024 and beyond
- Equipment appearance tuning.
- Immersive metaverse hub with activities.
- Player ownership of things in the hub.
- Collaborations and integrations with other projects.
- More (TBD).
- Neil McFarland CEO – Creative Lead and Co-Founder
- Anil Das-Gupta CPO – Product / Design Lead and Co-Founder
- Matt Ryan CTO and Co-Founder
- Nik Denissov – Lead Designer
- John Lilley – Lead Artist
- Miguel Tomas – Director of Development
- Gabriel Slomka – Lead Backend Developer
- Dan Reynolds – Growth Champion
- Miha Krajnc – Senior Unity Developer
- Tiryon Williams – Junior Game Designer
- Fausto Fonseca – Principal Unity Developer
- Felipe Rybakovas – Full Stack Developer
- Robert Gesicki – Game Developer
- Evelina Julvinskaite – Junior Software Developer
- Evelina Darmel – Community Manager
- David Sturgess – Graphic Designer
- Jess Panesar – Chief Financial Officer
- Jenson Collins – Senior Blockchain Developer
- Corby Fung – Blockchain Developer
- Tanya Korlilova – Senior UX / UI Designer
- Danielle Walsh – Social Media Manager
- Tomas Navikas – Concept Artist
When will the game be available to play?
How do I move Blast Tokens into my wallet?
Blast Royale by First Light is an excellent illustration of how blockchain gaming empowers participants all around the world. P2E gaming presents an earning possibility for players, encouraging engagement and developing a rewarding system that favors the most devoted players, in addition to providing a fantastic gaming experience.
Offering both NFTs and $BLST tokens that can be sold, exchanged, and traded within the community, Blast Royale players have an opportunity to earn money while having fun.
As Blast Royale prepares for its first public debut, this is a project to keep an eye on. Its gamer-centered experience pushes the boundaries of what consumers can expect from the gaming community even further.