Linking Uniswap to MetaMask can help crypto users simplify transfers and explore the power of cross-blockchain trading. But the major question here is how to connect Metamask with Uniswap, which we’ll discover in a few seconds. But before we get started, let’s briefly define Metamask and Uniswap.
What Is Uniswap?
Uniswap is the Ethereum blockchain’s largest decentralized exchange (DEX). It allows people from all around the world to exchange cryptocurrencies without the need for an intermediary.
Uniswap, which debuted in November 2018, was one of the first decentralized finance (DeFi) applications to gain traction on Ethereum.
Several other decentralized exchanges have subsequently emerged (including Curve, SushiSwap, and Balancer), but Uniswap remains by far the most popular. By April 2021, Uniswap had processed more than $10 billion in weekly transaction volume.
What Is Metamask?
MetaMask is a free web and mobile cryptocurrency wallet that lets users store and exchange cryptocurrencies, connect with the Ethereum blockchain ecosystem, and host a growing number of decentralized apps (dApps).
It is one of the world’s most popular crypto apps. In August 2022, MetaMask had over 15 million active monthly users.
How To Connect Metamask With Uniswap
Because Uniswap is an automated market maker (AMM) built on the Ethereum blockchain, users are able to create liquidity pools, offer liquidity, and swap assets.
Uniswap is run by a group of people who own UNI tokens. To utilize Uniswap, you must first link a decentralized crypto wallet.
Uniswap supports wallets such as MetaMask, WalletConnect, Coinbase Wallet, Fortmatic, and Portis.
In this post, we will use the MetaMask wallet, however in order to link MetaMask to Uniswap, you must first install the MetaMask wallet.
Make sure you’re on the Ethereum Mainnet.
On the Uniswap website, click Connect Wallet.
Allow Uniswap to connect to your MetaMask wallet by selecting Connect. But just in case the process still seems difficult, follow these steps to connect Metamask with Uniswap;
Step 1: Install MetaMask
- You may skip this step if you have previously installed MetaMask.
- To begin, download MetaMask.
- After downloading MetaMask, you must create an account.
- Creating a password and saving your recovery phrase are both parts of the account creation procedure.
Step 2: Connect Wallet
- Go to Uniswap.
- Click on the Launch App located in the upper right corner of the webpage.
- The Swap window will then appear, containing tabs such as Pool, Vote, and Charts.
- Connect Wallet should now be visible in the top right corner.
- Simply click on it.
- It will display the various wallet alternatives.
- Select MetaMask.
Step 3: Allow to Connect
- When you pick the MetaMask wallet, a MetaMask pop-up will appear.
- You should now pick your MetaMask account.
- If you just have one account, make sure it is selected and then click Next.
- That’s the end of it. You have connected your MetaMask wallet to Uniswap successfully.
On the successful completion of this process, you will be able to view your partial wallet address in the top right corner of the webpage.
How To Connect Metamask Mobile App With Uniswap
Step 1: Install MetaMask Mobile Application
- If you have already installed the MetaMask application, you can skip this step.
- First, download MetaMask mobile application.
- MetaMask is available on Android and iOS.
- After downloading MetaMask, you need to set up your account.
- The account setup process includes creating a password and storing your recovery phrase.
- If you already have an account, you can import it using your recovery phrase.
Step 2: Select UniSwap
- Launch the MetaMask smartphone app.
- Tap on the three parallel lines in the application’s upper left corner.
- You will now see a variety of possibilities.
- Select Browser.
- Under Explore sites, you will be able to see Decentralized exchanges.
- Tap it to activate it.
- Scroll down to find Uniswap.
- Once you’ve discovered it, tap on Uniswap.
Step 3: Allow Connection
- A pop-up will appear as soon as you tap on Uniswap.
- Select Connect.
- Link MetaMask to Uniswap
- That’s all. You have connected your MetaMask application to Uniswap successfully.
After completing this procedure successfully, you will be able to see your partial wallet address in the top right corner of the webpage.
Conclusion On How To Connect Metamask With Uniswap
Uniswap rules the DEX world and has established its own reputation among its competitors. Both MetaMask and Uniswap are built on the Ethereum blockchain, and they work together.
Follow the simple steps outlined above to connect Metamask with Uniswap, and the entire procedure should take no more than 5 minutes. Don’t forget to leave a comment and share your thoughts on how this article was helpful.